Today’s blog post is brought to you by things Kristin does instead of writing. My top ten distractions are as follows, in no particular order:
1. Kitties! …Don’t judge me! See for yourself: they’re pretty darn cute.
2. Beverages. I simply cannot write without a cup of water. Or a cup of tea. Or a glass of port. There’s always something.
3. The Internet. Forums, Google Reader, Facebook, Amazon holiday deals… anything, really.
4. Other authors’ blogs. I blame you, Patrick Rothfuss!
5. My own blog… I’m writing about my writing, so it’s okay, right?
6. iTunes. If I could only find the perfect song for this scene, maybe the scene will just magically play out in my head like my own personal movie!
7. My fiancé. He works from home, too, so I can talk to him any time about how cute the kitties are and share with him the things I find on the internet. Like pictures of cute kitties.
8. Chores. Mind you, I have to be pretty frustrated with my writing before I’ll procrastinate by doing housework.
9. Catherine the Great. Connor Grey. Or the lead of whatever book I’m currently reading.
10. Word count. I set myself a goal every day, and if the writing is going poorly, sometimes seeing that I have more than half of my goal to go after two hours have already passed is enough to just ruin the rest of my writing afternoon… Hence this blog post.
What distracts you?
2) Fake start times. Tons of “Oh, it’s 11:48. It won’t hurt if I wait until 12 to start. Oh, missed it. It won’t hurt if I wait until 1 to start…” Repeat forever.
3) iTunes. I notice that this album doesn’t have artwork, or the numbering is weird… days vanish before me.
Oh, and now Patrick Rothfuss’ Blog. THANKS. >_<
Mwahaha my work is complete.